Thursday, December 23, 2004

Stent Failure

My dad's first instance stent procedure failed last night and the doctor has recommended angioplasty.

I guess the downside of understanding the truth about reality is the incredible pain that wrecks you knowing exactly where the people you love are headed after death if they are still God's enemies. Many of my dad's friends have tried to talk to him about Christ over the decades to no avail: he just started avoiding them. He was also extremely hostile when I talked to him about the historical evidence for Christianity (which I'd thought to be a fairly neutral subject): he didn't talk to me for about a month. So I know he still thinks that God is a fairytale and psychological crutch for weak people with no minds of their own. Hopefully, staring his own mortality in the face would be a way in for the gospel.