Saturday, April 01, 2006

Love Is More Than Holding Hands

Today you made me realise afresh that love is more than holding hands in the soft fragrant rosy-fingered dawn; than a cup of hot chocolate while enveloped in a warm cuddle on a cold stormy night; than the trusting smell of a baby asleep after his milk; than the communal glow of witty repartee and shared interests; than the only friend remaining in times of embattlement when the sickening stench of blood fills the air.

For you are so much more than that. Where others can only plead for mercy on my behalf, you are my Saviour. Where others can only agitate for justice, you are the Judge not just of me but of the whole world. Where others can only hope for my protection, you are my shield. Where others can only wish that things will be alright, you can and you will make all things good, for you are the Creator and Sustainer and Director of the universe. Where others cannot realistically promise friendship forever, you have been and will forever be dependable, trustworthy, steadfast and faithful from eternity to eternity. And when I walk through the valley of death, where neither kin nor spouse nor friend may follow, there you will be, as you have always been.

Are you a cheap surrogate for a spouse? Do I call upon you only for lack of close friends?

My Lord and my God. Neither the most loving of spouses nor the dearest of friends can ever compare to the greatness of knowing and being known by you.


As requested, proof that Shadow is really (1) a human with feelings; and (2) a cheesy sappy old sod at that.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 10:29 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaawwww ;)

 
At April 02, 2006 11:54 pm , Blogger blacktulipsjazz said...

His Love is better than Wine and He is everything we need and want. Daddy is Great!!!

 
At April 03, 2006 2:45 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like it when you get personal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home