Thursday, May 31, 2007

Doing the Accounts

Scotch and the Bills
I fly again on Sunday to another harrowing week of negotiations in Saigon, so it was good today to have some quiet time with God. And as the grey rumbled forth and the wind rattled roof tiles and the rain beat against windows, alone-time also for a snifter of whiskey for sorting out finances and bills while folks hepped it up on digJazz, Jazz Corner, WBGO and jazzfm.

Good to discover, belatedly, the bank account looking fairly healthy, thanks to a decent-ish bonus. Am grateful that this means financial support for the evangelistic parties and ministry events planned for the rest of the year can be given without too much worried balancing of books.

Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:

Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.

Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say,"Who is the LORD?"
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonour the name of my God.
(Proverbs 30:7-9)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 5:40 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

saigon again?!! remember to bring lots of clean underwear this time!

 
At June 20, 2007 9:41 am , Blogger Matthew & Esther said...

Hello. I read an old blog of yours on Eric Nash ("Bash"). Do you know anywhere that I could obtain the book, "A Study in Spiritual Power", which you reference in that article?
You can reach me at:
matthew@goodnewshalifax.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home